Oct 30, 2013

Rings!!!

I had finially got me a ring mandrel! 


Here I will show and explain how I made the up above ring. First I used my wedding ring to see what size my ring finger. 

It says I'm a 7. I used a small piece of wire, to help measure the finger i want the ring. I finger i measure is about a 10. So that what size I'm making my ring.

I chose black wire as my ring, but there is all type and sizes. I really don't know the size of this wire but I started out with 10 inches. I know I wasn't going to be using that much, but better to be to long then to short.

I decided that the ring design will be a wrap around.
So I wrap the wire around the mandrel twice, the mandrel is laying down and I bent the  wire up. I took off the ring and see if it fit.











It did so I figure it needed something. So I found some beads to help with the look. The glass 4mm, with a silver inside.














You might have to yours your wire cutter to cut the access off. Start by uses round nose pliers and make an open loop at the end.













Slid on the beads, and bend the wire onto it self so it enclose the bead.
 And there you go. It's not perfect, but who need perfect in this imperfect world.

No comments: