Dec 11, 2013

Kickin' It Old Skool Day 11

Kickin' It Old Skool Blog-a-thon!!!!
Day 11 Wednesday
Weeping Wednesday


What makes you weepy?
      The last time I truly wept was a month ago, and my family was in need of money. We were low on food, gas in the car was on E, and a major bill was due. We H&R block has the loan deal, where we borrowed against our taxes. We drove up there and we got approved, but they didn't tell us we needed my check stub. In the past all they needed was my hubby's. So we couldn't get it. Had to go home and call my old employer to find out how to get it. They didn't know, call other stores in the area, they didn't know. To make things worst my hubby got his paycheck in his pocket (very small check, short check week, but enough I could have put some gas in the car and a little of food), but couldn't do anything till the next day. So we had money for food and gas. Just couldn't have it that night, when we really needed. 

    The next day, my hubby walked to work, (glade my kids was in school, so they can have breakfast and lunch) I call the corporate office of my old employment and inform them that no on in the area new how to get a check stub, not even the managers I talk to. I got my check stub, finally I could cash his paycheck get gas then back to H&R block to get the loan. 

     I know it doesn't seem like a lot of stress, I know there are more out there. But that is the last time I just set somewhere and wept.




As I reread over this I start to have tears, because we shouldn't gotten our self in that situation and WE know better now. Not to rely on "possible" money.  Budget better weeks before the short check week to make sure we have what we needed.

 Kickin' It Old Skool Badge

No comments: